Monday, January 16, 2017

2016 Expecting the Unexpected

Alittle late but better than never! Here's a summary of my 2016:

Started the year being part of Hong Kong's history by witnessing the coldest weather in decades during the Kderellas' trip. 


Came back and baked my way through to a great CNY! That sense of satisfaction amidst all the tired sleepless nights was just pure pleasure.

March was pretty much a lull period where there were the occassional cake orders,  us and our weekly runs, and I, starting to plan for our mid-year vacation that we booked during 2015 year end air fare promotion.

Mid April saw the hospitalization of FIL. What seemed to be a harmless stay turned out to be much of a serious business came May. Ironically, at the very same moment, we found out that our family will be expanding with a positive testing on labour day. 

With only 28 days to our long awaited mid-year trip, we decided to cancel it. Then and there, things started going down hill with the passing of FIL and the start of my morning sickness "detoxing" journey. I had no choice but to stop baking altogether.

June, supposingly a month of celebrations, saw me lying in bed and vomiting my days away. 30th Birthday turned out unexpectedly awful. But I am thankful how it was made slightly better with the mini surprise from the Kderellas on the eve and le family feast on the day itself.


Things got slightly better in the second half of the year. Nothing interesting happened. Just pure peacefulness of me growing mini-me and the start of preparing the nursery for her. 

As we see the end of 2016 nearing, we start our count down to meeting mini-me. Accomplishment for the year seems small but I guess just spending time growing mini-me is a great great accomplishment in itself considering all the changes I had to adapt in such a short notice and I survived through the pregnancy feeling unwell like half the time! 

Pregnancy is probably the most challenging event in my life. (Will blog about it some other time) I am thankful for all the care and concern from family and friends who so kindly donated their knowledge, baby clothings and maternity wears to me. Not forgetting those who share the same level of excitement as us about mini-me! :)

This concludes my 2016. 

2017 will see us in a whole new phrase in life call parenthood! Hopefully I will enjoy the journey! 

Till then!

No comments: